Cybersecurity Program Management Office (PMO)
For cybersecurity projects to be effective, IT and security professionals need to implement a solid project management practice. An experienced project management team like NeevSys Inc. can help ensure that your projects are executed smoothly, stay on budget and are completed within the timeframe that was agreed upon. NeevSys helps you build a business focused cybersecurity program – continuing to support that program throughout management and governance.
- Cybersecurity Strategy Development
- CISO Support Services
- Cybersecurity Program Management Office
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) Implementation & Operation
Security Lifecyle Support Services
NeevSys has a proven methodology for managing the Security Lifecycle which is divided into three phases.
- Phase 1 corresponds to the initiation phase – with development of the System Security Plan (SSP) by adhering to agency’s Cybersecurity policy, the system categorization, boundary definition, and selection of security controls.
- In Phase 2 of our lifecycle, we develop contingency plans, conduct the risk analysis, determine the Security Certification Level, and design and brief the risk mitigation plan. This results in the development of the Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) for the system.
- Phase 3 results in the finalization of the certification and accreditation cycle, by conducting the security test and evaluation process, A&A activities. We then work with system owners to define all security controls based on NIST guidance and the SPP, as well as the identified vulnerabilities.
- Program Management (PMO) for Cyber Security Projects that provides CISOs/Security Team to get a holistic view of their organization – allowing time to focus energy on strategically oriented, business-focused information security program. Our solution addresses Risk, Compliance, Policy, Security Project, and Vulnerability Management.
- Perform Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process to ensure all information systems adhere to and are in compliance with NIST and FISMA requirements.
- Implement security controls for compliance with security policy and controls including FISMA, FMFIA, NIST SP 800-37, 800-53, 800-77, 800- I 37, 800- I 28, HSPD-12, OMB Mandate M-05-22, and Circular A-11, policy, data requirements like the Privacy Act, HIPAA, ePHI, among others.
- Perform compliance reviews of system security plans, contingency plan and activities, and other security and emergency management-related plans to include Business Continuity Plan (BCP), Continuity of Operations (COOP) plan, Crisis Communications Plan, Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) plan, Cyber Incident Response Plan (CIRP), Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP), Backup and Recovery Plan and provides guidance and recommendations to agency for improvement.
From our past experience we have compiled seven primary benefits of leveraging our project management and cybersecurity expertise in your cybersecurity projects:
- Proven Security Lifecycle Management methodology to jumpstart any cybersecurity projects
- Familiarity with FISMA/NIST/OMB/DoD/HIPAA security policies and regulations
- Streamlined Project Execution
- Strategic Alignment
- Optimized Resource Allocation
- Continuous Improvement
- Problem Resolution and Risk Management