- Services:Software DevelopmentQuality and Testing
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) is the nation’s premier medical research agency focused on leading research to understand, treat, and prevent infectious, immunologic, and allergic diseases. NIAID has the second largest overall budget within the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the largest budget for Research and Development (R&D) Contracts. NIAID is one of the largest Institutes and Centers within the NIH. The mission of NIAID is to conduct and support basic and applied research to better understand, treat, and ultimately prevent infectious, immunologic, and allergic diseases. NIAID is one component of the National Institutes of Health, which in turn is part of the Department of Health and Human Services. Approximately 72 percent of the NIAID total budget supports research at institutions in the United States, including the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. NIAID supports 643 international projects in 97 countries, totaling approximately $414 million, with 72 percent of that funding invested in international HIV/AIDS research
NeevSys is working on 3 Scientific Management Projects and 4 Administrative Projects.
Scientific Management Projects:
1. NIAID Awards and Infectious Diseases Dashboard
2. Extramural Data Dashboard
3. Research, Condition and Disease Categorization Dashboard (RCDC)
4. NIAID Lync Dashboard
5. Email Compliance Dashboard
6. Property Tracking Dashboard
7. P-Card Dashboard (Purchase Card)
We are responsible for the full SDLC lifecycle - requirements management, architecture, design, development, testing and deployment. Our tasks include below at NIAID:
- Designing and developing data warehouses in SQL servers
- Building ETL packages in SSIS for transferring and massaging data across multiple servers at a time.
- Writing complex SQL scripts including stored procedures, triggers and Dynamic SQL etc. to achieve business needs.
- Developing and maintaining ETL packages to populate data warehouse with daily incremental loads for one of the NIAIDs Administrative project (NIAID Lync Dashboard) using SSIS.
- Developing and enhancing the SSRS report dashboards
- Working closely with front end developers (Tableau and Qlikview) to reduce the complications in data visuals by moving some of the complicated business calculations to backend.
NIAID Awards and Infectious Diseases project went live into production in 2015 (version 1.1)
- Research, Condition and Disease Categorization (RCDC) project went live into production in2015 (version 2.0)
- NIAID Lync Dashboard project has been delivered. (version 1.0)
- Email alerting system to alert the NIAID employees about their mandatory security and ethical trainings has been activated
- P-Card Dashboard went into production. (Version 1.0)